Wednesday, March 20, 2013

The Biggest Case of Buyers Remorse

I experience buyers remorse with any item over $100.  Why?  Because it's taken me a long time to get where I'm at now and I never want to be in a situation that I'm out of control of ever again.  Now imagine buying a house - that's not yet built.  The doubts creep in.  Logically, I know this is just a knee jerk reaction to this very huge commitment/change we signed up for but I seem to lose my grip on reality during my bouts of buyers remorse.  Change is not easy for me, even when it's a good change.

I did not expect to experience it so quickly.  Quite literally, I started sweating our decision the moment I started driving home from our Purchase Agreement Paperwork meeting.

The facts - Buyer's remorse is very common.  Everyone talks about having it and it's nothing to be ashamed of.  Nothing in life is certain and sometimes it feeds an irrational fear.  There will always be other possibilities, more opportunities, or better deals if you keep looking for them.

The goal - Reassure ourselves with the pros.  Review the research that lead us to our decision.  Don't get bogged down by the negatives.  Ignore others opinions when they really don't matter.  Keep in mind that this feeling will go away and soon we'll be in our very own home, finally doing all of the things we've been talking about.

I know that I have many sleepless nights ahead of me because of my nature, but one day soon I hope to go to sleep satisfied with our decision and hopeful of our days ahead.  This is an exciting, yet scary process but I know that there's no better time than now to go through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment