Thursday, March 28, 2013

Is RH ENERGY STAR® Certified? YUP!

Ryan Homes boosts it is 100 percent ENERGY STAR® Certified and third-party verified to deliver energy saving.
Honestly, I wasn't sure what that meant so I spent a little time finding out.  I get a monthly statement from my utility provider to tell me where a efficient home sits, where an average home sits, and where mine sits on electricity usage.  CRAZY - I am consistently WELL over any average home, let alone an efficient home.  This only shows my electric.  My gas usage and water usage is crazy as well. :(
I browsed my dependable fellow Ryan Homes builders bloggers and learned that those who mentioned their utility bills reported some sort (usually large) decreases in the amount due!

I visited the Ryan Homes website (yet again!) to read the energy promise and remembered as part of my purchase cost estimate being provided a little graphical representation of where the home I selected sat on the HERS index.
I also stumbled onto a bit of the information (listed below) they provide as to WHY Ryan Homes are energy savers.  Now, with all this information I just can't wait!  I hate my current utility bills, they're as much as my car payment!

Insulated exterior doors reduce heating and cooling loss at entry points to save you money.Low-e coated glass windows keep out excess heat and cold and protect your furniture and carpets from fading. 
ENERGY STAR® appliances incorporate advanced technologies that use 10–50 percent less water and energy than standard appliances. 
ICP air conditioning system conserves energy and is backed by the best warranty in the business.
Programmable thermostats help you save money by adjusting your heating and cooling use according to your schedule.
Air ducts are sized specifically to each home type and sealed for increased efficiency.
Airflow vent system in the roof's ridgeline releases excess summer heat to save on cooling costs.
Insulation between living spaces and the attic is part of our whole-house approach to maintaining the comfort of your home.
Insulated basements keep out excess moisture and stay warmer in winter.
House wrap protects your home from air and moisture infiltration.
Silicone sealants keep out excess heat and cold and protect against moisture. 
Kitchen cabinetry is made by Timberlake, a company that has received special certification for environmental stewardship.
Carpeting by Shaw is made with fully recycled N-6 nylon fiber.
Vinyl siding contains up to 30 percent recyclable material.
Interior and exterior paints are low in VOCs (volatile organic compounds) for improved air quality.
Landscaping uses plants and other materials native to your area, reducing the need for extra irrigation.
Ryan's Advanced Construction Method with engineered trusses and other components are precision manufactured in a climate-controlled environment, protecting them from exposure to the elements during construction and minimizing waste on job sites.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information! I definitely think that energy star homes are the way to go because they can save you money while also being energy efficient at the same time. I am looking into moving into one as soon as I accept a job offer in another state.

    ReplyDelete