Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 62 - Exterior Lighting & Prep for Driveway

They seemed to have cleared both the driveway in front of the garage and the additional space we requested.  This is exciting!  Finally a way to get to the house without tracking through mud!  :)
We also got our exterior lighting today.  UG!  I hope they have a plan to hide that hideous wire that trails from the garage to the ground for the lawn light.  Seriously?  It wouldn't be very obvious on a home that's at ground level but ours?  Yeah, that's attractive.
We have a meeting scheduled with the PM tomorrow to review the front porch steps and some landscaping for the fail lot grading.  I've tried to remain positive but I believe I'm reaching my breaking point.  We went over a month without word on the plans or suggestions for the front porch, after being told they would work on it.  We were also told someone would reach out to us about landscaping to talk about solutions for the hill in the backyard, but that also didn't happen until we had to ask.  I hope I hear good news tomorrow.  I hope it's workable. 

I hope I can get into the house soon to look around.  I want to see something I like.  I hate being so negative.

12 comments:

  1. I completely understand your frustration! Hope you will hear some good news...and soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The exterior looks great. I'm sure they will hide that wire. And I'm excited to see the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the inside. I'm sure it's as pleasing as your home's exterior. Great seeing it all come together. Hope you hear good news regarding the landscaping and porch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOUR EXTERIOR IS GORGEOUS!!!! YAY FOR THE EXTRA SPACE FOR THE DRIVEWAY! FOCUS ON THE GOOD! IT WILL HELP YOU ENJOY YOUR BUILD! YOUR HOME IS SO BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any updates? I keep hoping to see some good news.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there. I've have been following your blog since the end of May as we are building an Avalon Isles with Ryan. Been looking forward to more updates as your house seemed to have been moving along. Here's to hoping everything is moving smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been "stalking your blog"for a month now. We are set 2 break ground on our Florence elevation k on September 26th. I would love 2 c more from u as your blog has helped me through the horrible waiting process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's kinda risky when electrical wirings for your exterior lighting are exposed. I hope you checked the installation and made sure they're properly insulated to prevent electric shocks. Months have passed now, and I wonder if you're done with the construction. Did you move in already?

    Green Planet Electric

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou for the tips, this is so useful. Environtmentally friendly house is really nice concept for the future. Many people must to build a new house with that concept. Tell your architect about your house concept. ted-biesterbos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice blog, very nice information you shared. Best Conservatory Builders and Installers offer high quality conservatories installation services, we offer cheap sunroom conservatory and small glass conservatory in Essex. Contact us today!
    conservatory glass house Essex

    ReplyDelete