Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Days 39 & 40 - Insulation, Brick Delivered, & Pre-Drywall Scheduled

Days 37 and 38 seems to have been insulation and other touches to the house.  I believe these touches were more electric, plumbing, etc.  Here's the county's website results and I'm not sure what it exactly means.
Personally, I do not think that the insulation included is sufficient.  I don't like that there is no option to add additional at an additional cost on our massive option lists.  I have a duplex now and I can hear every single peep from one room to the next, even when the doors are closed.  Considering my kids are on summer vacation right now and I still have to go to bed early for work - it's been horrible.  I'd prefer to have some kind of sound barrier insulation between every wall.  I understand that this will have no effect on the energy or temperature efficiency but I can't help but think it would help with sound.  In the non-insulated walls all you have are 2 thin layers of drywall separating one room from the next. If I have an opportunity to make suggestions to Ryan Homes it will be at the top of the list.

Our brick (Boral Brick - Sugar Creek) was delivered.  I'm not sure I like it!  Ug.  I hope it looks different on the house.
 
We've also scheduled our pre-drywall meeting for Wednesday!  It's getting closer now!

The outside of the house hasn't changed much so I haven't taken any more photos.  I don't go in the house while people are working, so no more photos of the inside yet!  I don't want to be in the way and I certainly don't want to slow down any progress!  Maybe I can snap some more after/during the pre-drywall meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment